How long should a Hudl battery last? (1 Viewer)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
How long should a Hudl battery last?

I bought a Hudl yesterday and charged the battery for the required 3 hours. Then I opened an email account, got online and downloaded a few apps. I spent about an hour and a half with the Hudl and then the battery became discharged. I recharged it back to full. Today, I’ve spent less than an hour using it and the battery is now down to 14%. Whilst using the Hudl I’ve noticed that it gets very warm. I understood that even watching films on it the battery should last ten hours.

Can anyone give me any advice, please? Is there something that I’m doing wrong that is causing the rapid loss of power?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I can't see that you're doing anything other than what the Hudl is intended for. I'd question a duff battery.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Certainly seems like a duff battery as I get about 6 hours out of mine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I would take it back.. duff battery

Battery

The Hudl's battery life is pretty much par for the course for a modern 7-inch Android tablet.
Tesco has claimed[HI] nine hours of video battery life, and that seems to be pretty much on the money.[/HI]
In our standard video stress test, which involves playing a 90 minute-long 720p video with the screen brightness set to full, the Hudl averaged a pretty standard 79 percent battery remaining.
In more practical terms, we were able to get the Hudl through two solid days of moderate use, which included a little web browsing, some light gaming, a number of photos, the downloading of several apps (including two hefty games) and an assortment of brief video tests across Netflix and Blinkbox - all with the screen brightness set to full.
When we did come to charge the device, we found that it took around 40 to 50 minutes to charge 20 percent.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Might not be the battery but whatever, it shouldn't get hot. Could be something else overloading or discharging the battery. Whatever it is, it's not right so take it back for exchange. Have heard that there have been a few faulty units but Tesco seem OK about it.

Mine seems to last forever although I don't watch videos etc. Got a 40 in screen to do that!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I bought a Hudl today..... it's going back tomorrow.

The screen goes round and round constantly and then it turns itself off.

Well, you get what you pay for I suppose.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
My teenage son has one and it lasts ages easily all day and that's with a teenagers usage.
He's not had any problems.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
7 hours easily!

Your battery is faulty, take it back!::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
How long should a Hudl battery last?

I bought a Hudl [HI]yesterday[/HI] and charged the battery for the required 3 hours. Then I opened an email account, got online and downloaded a few apps. I spent about an hour and a half with the Hudl and then the battery became discharged. I recharged it back to full. Today, I’ve spent less than an hour using it and the battery is now down to 14%. Whilst using the Hudl I’ve noticed that it gets very warm. I understood that even watching films on it the battery should last ten hours.

Can anyone give me any advice, please? Is there something that I’m doing wrong that is causing the rapid loss of power?
its brand new....take it back.......i get around 6 to 8 hours from my Samsung 3 tablet.

or try an overnight charge......3 hours for a first charge doesnt sound long enough to me.

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Batteries need several deep discharge & recharge cycles to reach their maximum capacity - having said that, your battery should last far longer than you're describing.
My hudl last several hours with heavy use and several days on standby.
Obviously ensure you're not using any particularly power intensive apps eg Bluetooth...

But I agree with other posters, return it for a replacement :thumb:.

OP
OP
Rob and Val

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Spoke to Hudl Tech Support and they have agreed that Hudl and or battery faulty. Have been given a code to get a replacement. Going back on Saturday. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back