LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Played at being a "Grockle" today... had a ride out in our Yank - Tank... :Cool:

Went to Weymouth to see the Kite Festival,,,,,, bit misty and overcast on the way... But once we were there and parked up, had a walk and chish and Fips... on the promenade...

Bootiful sunshine,,,,, and a picture of one of my favourite roads... (Abbotsbury Hill, over looking the Fleet towards Portland..)

And another on The Promenade at Weymouth...

And one of the Sand Modeller, repairing where some "Toe-Rags" got in and demolished most of it... what`s up with people these days... :Angry:

Brilliant day out... :thumb:

Attachments

• P1060148.jpg
    P1060148.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 165
  • P1060155.jpg
    P1060155.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 152
  • P1060166.jpg
    P1060166.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 164

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Keep that thing away from salt air. I can arrange to have it picked up and taken oop norf for safe keeping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
What do you think of the Pontiac, Mo?

More pics of it would be good. :thumb:

It`s a Buick, actually... :winky::thumb:

Great,,, brings back memory`s of the other yanks I had...

I think all people should drive some thing with No power steering and Brakes...

and weighing nearly 4 tons... :Sad:

Certainly makes you think and concentrate.... have to keep well back from the vehicle in front to give yourself enough time to stop, makes you anticipate road signs a lot more... and what is likely to happen in front.. :Smile:

Parking in tight spot`s.................. you should see my muscles... :winky:::bigsmile:

Few more photo`s of it = :thumb:

Attachments

• P1060121.jpg
    P1060121.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 120
  • P1060120.jpg
    P1060120.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 117
  • P1060142.jpg
    P1060142.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 106
  • P1060143.jpg
    P1060143.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 96

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Bet Paul enjoyed a ride out in the Buick. Bill wants one told him to save all his pennies then :Smile:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
That is a lovely motor Mo. Love to see it in the flesh one day. On another note, i see you boat race in the sand sculpture on the extreme right of the picture. :thumb:

Craig

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Nice motor Bro , now THE QUESTION how many to the gallon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As far as I can tell, Bro..

Filled up at the top of our lane on the way out and again when we got back... and as near as dam it 16 to the gallon... :Doh:

I got more on my Petrol/LPG RV... ::bigsmile:

But it wasn`t as much fun.... :winky::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
That is a lovely motor Mo. Love to see it in the flesh one day. On another note, i see you boat race in the sand sculpture on the extreme right of the picture. :thumb:

Craig

"What"................ Old-Mo.....

Phone home...:RollEyes: :thumb:

He is a master of sand sculpter....... just like his dad was... :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hay Mo, that just reminds me of an Oldsmobile 88 I had years ago. Great car, even better when I dropped a Perkins P6 in it. Must have been around the same era. If it has the original radio can you change stations by pressing a button on the floor, like the old dipswitch.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hay Mo, that just reminds me of an Oldsmobile 88 I had years ago. Great car, even better when I dropped a Perkins P6 in it. Must have been around the same era. If it has the original radio can you change stations by pressing a button on the floor, like the old dipswitch.

Hi Dave..... I wouldn`t mind dropping a diesel in...

But would detract from being 100% original.. The radio is original valve,,,, I have not tried that yet.... so dont know if it works or not.. doubt I would be able to hear it above the roar of the engine anyway... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

It spent pretty well all of it`s life with one owner in Wisconcin.... till it was done up and shipped over hear at the end of 2013...

Still got the accelerator automatic start system.. (Weird :RollEyes:)

Only got 35K miles on the clock..... which as far as I can see is original (According to all the service records..)

Dont think Judy will be driving it...... she would never be able to stop it... :RollEyes::winky:::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave..... I wouldn`t mind dropping a diesel in...

But would detract from being 100% original.. The radio is original valve,,,, I have not tried that yet.... so dont know if it works or not.. doubt I would be able to hear it above the roar of the engine anyway... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

It spent pretty well all of it`s life with one owner in Wisconcin.... till it was done up and shipped over hear at the end of 2013...

Still got the accelerator automatic start system.. (Weird :RollEyes:)

Only got 35K miles on the clock..... which as far as I can see is original (According to all the service records..)

Dont think Judy will be driving it...... she would never be able to stop it... :RollEyes::winky:::bigsmile:

Dont even think of dropping a knocker in it Mo. In the day I used to do that, those old Yanks were just that, old Yanks. It was just a case of extending the life of something that would have gone to the scrapyard. They were never any good once they had a diesel dropped in, but they still looked the part, even if 50MPH flat out was there limit. You have a great car there Mo. Enjoy it :thumb:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Looks great Mo, and don't you dare put a another engine in there. Miles per gallon is ok for a car your not going to use as a daily with plenty of smiles per mile. Looks like a tight fit in the garage. :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Looks great Mo, and don't you dare put a another engine in there. Miles per gallon is ok for a car your not going to use as a daily with plenty of smiles per mile. Looks like a tight fit in the garage. :thumb:

3 - 4 inches each side... :Eeek:

And that garage door is the widest single you can buy..... once inside there is plenty of room.. :thumb:

It`s just the getting it in which is a pain... :winky:::bigsmile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
They say that sex on those front bench seats is BRILL...........Allegedly. :Blush:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Played at being a "Grockle" today... had a ride out in our Yank - Tank... :Cool:

Went to Weymouth to see the Kite Festival,,,,,, bit misty and overcast on the way... But once we were there and parked up, had a walk and chish and Fips... on the promenade...

Bootiful sunshine,,,,, and a picture of [HI]one of my favourite roads... (Abbotsbury Hill, over looking the Fleet towards Portland..)[/HI]

And another on The Promenade at Weymouth...

And one of the Sand Modeller, repairing where some "Toe-Rags" got in and demolished most of it... what`s up with people these days... :Angry:

Brilliant day out... :thumb:

One of my favourite spots too. We have often stopped in exactly that place, just to gaze at the view of the Fleet and the bank.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My Mum is in Weymouth all this week Mo.

Is there an old peoples convention going on?

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
My Mum is in Weymouth all this week Mo.

Is there an old peoples convention going on?

::bigsmile:

Kite festival over the weekend... :thumb:

Is Mum into that... :thumb:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back