Well, I just went out to the MH
and realised I hadn't switched the charger off! Tested the battery anyway with my Digital Multimeter and the battery was reading 13.36 Volts.
I turned on every single light in the MH
which includes 3 x Single fluorescent tube lights, 2 x Double Tube fluorescent lights and 2 x 10 Watt Reading lights. I left these on for a full 10 minutes. The reading went reasonably quickly down to just below 12 volts then seemed to stabilise at 11.74 volts but towards the end of the test it actually crept up gradually to 11.77 Volts.
On switching all the lights off after the 10 minutes 'load' test the battery went back up to 12.14 Volts.
I don't know how a good battery would cope under these conditions, I feel the battery is not 100% but not as bad as we initially thought it would turn out. The fact that it recovered afterwards I think is a good sign as well.
Given that it was completely flat I think it possibly needs charging further? For the moment I'm happy with the result, we never have that many lights on anyway, ok we use the water pump mainly so that is going to be the biggest test. I think for now we see how we go with it while we are away, if we do need to get another Leisure Battery so be it, this one could always come in as a reserve battery. The fact that we will be touring and not staying on one place will help as well, as the Engine should keep it topped up. (I presume we do this by merely setting the rocker switch to the Leisure Battery?) Do we need to turn off the MH
's Battery Charger or does the Vehicle Charge the Leisure Battery through it?